Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters
17290852

I have a 2004 Volvo S80 T6 turbo. The car will move and

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Volvo S80 T6 turbo. The car will move and drive just fine if it is cold, once it gets warm it won't move at all, like it is in neutral.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 9 months ago.

Hello , Does this Happen Every Time its Driven ?.....Thanks Joey

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can move it around and drive with no problem for about five minutes.

Hi , Sorry for the Delay.......Had to Leave. Well Anyway, If that's the Case the Filter is Collapsed & or Very Restricted not allowing Fluid to the Pump. However on your Model Transmission it can not be Changed Unless the Transmission is Removed & Taken Apart to replace the Filter......Again Thanks Joey.....Ask me more if you like

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thats a bummer. Do you think it would be economical to remove the transmission, have it repaired and put it back in or replace it with a remanufactured? My local salvage yard wants $1040 for one with 115,000 miles on it, I'm a bit aprehensive about using it. It might fail after 5000 miles, who knows.

Hi , Well if your going to keep it.....I would have it rebuilt by like a franchise like Aamco,Cottman, ect....

However id not use a wrecked cars transmission , as for to many miles on it & It could have been damaged in a wreck......who knows like you say....Good Luck with it