Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a volvo c70 coupe 1999 20v. problem;; engine runs

Customer Question

hi i have a volvo c70 coupe 1999 20v. problem;; engine runs very lumpy cuts out on stopping and frequently goes into limp mode lacks power like driving with hand brake on..i take battery lead off and re start... i have been told it is the crank case sensor any ideas pleas ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats about the size of it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 10 months ago.

did you scan for fault codes and what are your fault codes ?

crank case sensor would not do it and you would have check engine light on

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
when car goes into limp mode the ets light shows on dash had a test done shows permanent fault ecm-640variablecamshaft signal too low any ideas?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
i would like to know which part is required to correct thanks
Expert:  Enes replied 10 months ago.

THAT CODE WILL BE WRONG TIMING ADJUSTMENT OR WORN CAM SHAFT HUB AND SOLLENOID TO REMOVE CAMSHAFT HUBS IS VERY BIG JOB AND REQUIRES SPECIAL TIMING TOOLS SO IF YOU HAVE THAT CODE I WOULD START THERE ALSO PLEASE RATE POSITIVE WE WILL STAY LOCKED AND YOU CAN TALK TO ME