Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

JUST REPLACED A WORN OUT STEERING COLUMN AND CONTACT REEL IN

Customer Question

JUST REPLACED A WORN OUT STEERING COLUMN AND CONTACT REEL IN A 2007 XC90, NOW HAVE A ERROR CODE 00EC THAT I CAN'T SEEM TO CLEAR?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: STEERING COLUMN BEARINGS WERE WORN OUT, VOLVO SOLD THE ENTIRE COLUMN AS A REPAIR, SWAPPED OVER THE IGNITION SWITCH, NO PROBLEMS THERE, JUST A PROBLEM WITH THE PASSENGER AIR BAG WARNING LIGHT ON AND THAT CODE 00EC STORED
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

This code means the column ignition has a resistance issue. Was this a new column you installed or used. Are you sure all connectors and pins in those connectors are connected firm. Check the wiring between the SRS Module (SRS) terminal 16B and connector terminal 1. Check from 15B and connector terminal 3 on the steering column. Check for an open circuit.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off. I am also sending an offer allowing me to upload diagrams or repair guides if that helps.

Thanks Chris