Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My 2016 xc90 would not start
, Sunday morning would not

Customer Question

My 2016 xc90 would not start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sunday morning would not start. Roadside assistance with jumper battery did not work. Tow truck sent out and after her drug the car a few inches we were able to start it. I had it towed to the dealership and still no resolution from the dealership.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Because it started after being towed a few feet, it is possible that the starter was binding or that the transmission range switch as not registering fully in park. Do you know what the dealer has checked/tested so far