Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

I have a Volvo c70 2001
, the back glass is boroken i

Customer Question

Customer: hi my name is ***** ***** have a Volvo c70 2001
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the back glass is boroken i went in diffferent uphoulstery shop but they told me i have to change the top that's an old car and i don't want to spend 1300 dollars on it i wanna know if it's possible to take out the glass and put a plastic, just to be able to open it again because if i glue it it's not gonna work when you want to open it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok, but before paying i need a good answer =9 09
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Unfortunately due to the way the glass is designed in the top there really is no way to remove and replace it and the top shop is correct, the assembly has to be replaced. You can purchase a new top and glass assembly for about $680. See the link below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volvo-C70-Convertible-Top-for-1999-2006-in-Black-Stayfast-with-Glass-Window-/231536841559