Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

I have a volvo xc90 2008, the transmission was replaced 2013

Customer Question

I have a volvo xc90 2008, the transmission was replaced 2013 under warranty with something said about it being a different version because the vehicle was made late in the model year. I just had rear differential replaced, and while still in the parking lot vehicle developed grinding sound which technician says is the driveshaft and propellor. Seems obvious to be a relationship, they are denying. I believe the rear differential that was sent was the wrong version, and that it affected the rest of the powertrain, how would I check ? Could all problems be caused by warped driveshaft? Were there recalls? there was one I think on transmission, it just seems unbelievable that these three componnt should give out on one vehicle.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 10 months ago.

hi

Expert:  Enes replied 10 months ago.

hi

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
not applicable
Expert:  Enes replied 10 months ago.

Ok