Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Enes! My key fab on S80 is sticking. Does not want to come

Customer Question

Customer: I'm Fadi. Hi Enes! My key fab on S80 is sticking. Does not want to come out after I turn car off and press it to release. This does not occur every time.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more detail would you like?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait. Will the answer cover all the options I have and range of costs?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

sticking key will be problem to replace push button housing where you insert the key that repair will cost you parts and labor $460 the switch housing is expensive where key sits rest inside the dash

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will a new housung include two new fabs?
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

no you re use old

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

only housing gets replaced