camerontech
camerontech, Auto Mechanic
Experience:  diagnostic auto tech
89602740

I own a Vovo XC70 2015. It has 20560 miles and the "AWD

Customer Question

I own a Vovo XC70 2015. It has 20560 miles and the "AWD disengaged service required" light just went on. I have to make a*****tomorrow (Sunday) and my regular Volvo dealer is closed, so, is it safe to make the drive, even though the handling in a local snowstorm today was not at all what I am used to in my Volvo
Category: Volvo
Expert:  camerontech replied 10 months ago.

hi there,

im cam, a licenced diagnostic tech.

the computer has seen an issue with your awd system, and has disengaged it to prevent any damage.

this would be the same as your vehicle having an ABS light on, and it disables the abs until. serviced.

it should be safe to drive as the computer has gone into a fail safe as to not damage anything or put you into a dangerous driving condition.

you will just have to adjust your driving habit a little until it gets serviced.

if you feel safer, you can stop by one of the larger parts stores and they can do a scan for free and see what trouble code the system has stored

and see if it something to worry about or if it can wait till you get back to your dealer.

if the problem corrects itself, the vehicle will return to normal and it will just store a code.

i would still have it checked when you return

if you need any more assistance id be happy to help!

thanks and i appreciate positive ratings!

cam

hi there,

how did your repair go?

please dont forget to rate me as it is important for my page

thanks again

cam