Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have an 1987 volvo 850 was fixing the tape deck. I put the

Customer Question

Customer: I have an 1987 volvo 850 was fixing the tape deck. I put the radio back in and have no power to the radio and the ignition goes straight to ground when I try to start. Pulled radio to check harness emergency blinkers came on then went out. Now when I open passenger door blinkers come on when I shut door they go out. When I put radio back in circuit this does not happen.......
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not to sure I can be any more specific.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yep
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, can we just cancel this and not even charge my card. I am an electrician and pulled the schematic and decided I need to just take it to my Volvo mechanic as I had some electrical issues earlier that they just looked at and really think this is connected. thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This sounds like you may have shorted or damaged wiring behind the radio in the dash area itself.In some cases wiring may become brittle and short out to ground and cause this issue here needing repaired or replaced.I have also seen where wiring can rub through on a metal bracket in the dash area causing this fault as well.If you have not fully inspected the wiring for any damage this needs done and if a fault is found it will need repaired.If this was already checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue if you like.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete