Robert
Robert, Technician
Experience:  6 years experience with car repair.
3862310

HAd water in and beneath floor mats, passenger side. Think I

Customer Question

HAd water in and beneath floor mats, passenger side.
Think I cured that but a new, one month old battery, just failed to start the car
Related??
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's a V70 XC, 2002
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've been waiting an hour, is this usual?
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded. I would not think they are related. IF the battery voltage is low at the battery then you could have a draw or the battery could even be the problem. I have seen new batteries with shorted cells so it is possible. What I would do is have the battery load tested, most auto parts stores will do this for free. IF the battery was in fact discharged I would check for a draw. What you can do is make sure the battery is charged, then remove the neg cable on the battery, get a test light and then hook one end up to the battery and the other to the cable, the test light should be very faint, if it is bright then you have a draw, the next step would be to pull each fuse one at a time until the light goes dim, then you know you have the proper circuit. IF you have good battery voltage then most likely the battery is not at fault, if the voltage gets below 10.5 volts then the engine may not start. Follow your cables as well make sure they are not loose or corroded.... Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert