AZTechBrian
AZTechBrian, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner
77606712

How do I replace the cabin filter in my 1998 volvo v40 with

Customer Question

Customer: How do I replace the cabin filter in my 1998 volvo v40 with AC
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can not find where it is
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Volvo Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 1 year ago.

Please see the attachment and let me know if that helps at all. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vktqw66ah5zmjnr/v40.jpg?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I se this pictures on internet, this is not for my Volvo. If can help you, Vin number is *****

You have a V40?

I guess you are not in the USA. Check under the cowl on the passenger side under the hood. Do you see it there? That's where it is on the US model 98 V70, so maybe that's where it is on your V40. IF so I can give you the instructions to replace it on the car.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hawe V40, Im in Croatia. I can see this tomorow, now is almost 19h , dark

Alright. I'll be around tomorrow. Check there and let me know. If that's where it is, you only have to remove 5 screws to access it. Please let me know what you come up with and if you would like a diagram for it's removal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Diagram will be super :)

No problem. Here is the attachment for that. It's for a 98 V70, since in 98 we didn't have a V40 but hopefully/probably your cabin air filter is in the same place and the procedure will likely be the same. If this turns out to be of no help, please let me know. Thank you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/caxr52wil159gr8/V70.pdf?dl=0

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have not watched today where the cabin filter, there was no time, tomorrow ...

No problem. I'm around

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, it looks like Volvo V40 from 96 to 00 years with no air conditioning cabin air filter. My Volvo cooling unit is CAB301A092A , part number 30862940you can se here http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=76841

Ok. I don't have any access to that being in the states, but it looks like you already figured it out on your own? From what i gather based on that link is that the pre 2000 UK models with AC didnt come with one? Let me know If you have gotten it figured out or if you would like me to open the question to the other technicians in case one of them has the correct diagrams

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pre 2000 UK and EU models with AC didnt come with cabin filter
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hey hey hey ????? This is your confirmation that you have now been charged for the remaining balance due of: $19 on your card ending in the last four digits: 0687this come in my mail from this aztechbrian ???? , you did not found solution , I found solution !!!!!! what is this man ??????