Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5. It is tramling and the

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Volvo XC90 2.5. It is tramling and the steering is wondering all over the place. Particularly on the off/on ramps it feels like the car has in more lock than I have given it. I have check the tire pressure and there does not seem to be much change in the steering fluid levels? Help help!
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Most of the time steering wander and vibration/wobble is due to either a worn outer tie rod, worn inner tie rod or faulty rack and pinion steering gear. All 3 need to be checked for excess play and replaced as needed.

Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks