Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Bill i have a 2004 volvo v70 b5344s 2.435 motor runs great

Customer Question

Customer: bill i have a 2004 volvo v70 b5344s 2.435 motor runs great in park . under drive load no power vin yv1sw61t042411549
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Usually if the engine runs o.k. in park or neutral but doesnt in gear this can indicate a fault with the transmission itself.I have seen issues with the transmission torque converter cause issues like this here if it is partially locking up when taking off in gear.If you have not had the fault codes checked in all computers to see what codes are set this needs done.If any codes are set the codes will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.If you do have any codes set let me know as this will help.In some cases places like Auto Zone will usually read out the fault codes at no cost to you.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete