Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

I have a busted wiring harness from the driver's door

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** and I have a busted wiring harness from the driver's door connector to the a-pillar on a 2008 volvo xc70
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the wires coming out of the a-pillar and into the driver's door have broken/cracked - should I just repair the wires or replace the harness going into the a-piller
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin yes you can repair wires. I would recommend soldering rather than crimp connectors . Much cheaper than replacement door loom

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Two of the wires came out of the black connector. Do you have a pin diagram showing which color wire goes into which spot? Connector is numbered 0-1452891-1 PBT-GF20.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

I personally don't il opt out another tech may have this

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thanks. I didn't get the internal liner off the door to get the harness number because I didn't want to have to re-seal and waterproof the panel. I suppose I could use trial and error since it is only the two wires.
Expert:  Kevin replied 10 months ago.

You could you have two chances normally a straight forward repair from there