Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Tonio
, My engine light came on and the car is

Customer Question

Customer: tonio
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My engine light came on and the car is stalling. I took the battery to an auto parts and they tested it and it read replace. Did that and drove the car around the block. Still stall. it is a 2004 xc90
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jim B replied 11 months ago.

Hi this is Jim maybe I can help you out.. Is the Check Engine Light on now or has it been on? 2.. Does it run fine going above idle down the road ? 3. Has any work been done on it recently ? This is step one. Jim

Expert:  Jim B replied 11 months ago.

Need your engine size 2.5 or 2.9

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
this conversation is confusing. I dont understand how to get my answer
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I prefer to get my answer via the $24.00.
Thanks
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
engine is 2.5
Expert:  Jim B replied 11 months ago.

OK. Can you please answer my questions .. thanks Jim ..

Expert:  Jim B replied 11 months ago.

Stalling can come from a number of items.. air leak at intake, mass air flow sensor, throttle body dirty or defective , etc. First step is to have a scan done on the system and also check the basics .. for yourself be sure the all hoses are properly installed to the air inlet system. Not sure what tools you have available and your skill and knowledge level . I need this information to move forward ... thanks Jim

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have tool. I am just a automobile owner.
Expert:  Jim B replied 11 months ago.

OK.. I wish there was one answer to your question but there is not .. Like I wish I could tell you , replace the mass air flow sensor and that will solve you problem.. but that is not the reality of your problem. In order to help I do need some information that you may not be able to provide.. We need to start with a visual check .. if you could lift your hood and see if all hoses around the air cleaner are hooked up .. can you do that for me?

Jim