Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

Can not get air pump to operate. tched it up direct to

Customer Question

Can not get air pump to operate. Hitched it up direct to battery and it worked car is a 1998 volvo s70
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you determine why the pump will not run the first thing you are going to need to do is to have the computer system scanned and see what the fault code and or codes are that should be setting when the system fails. If you can get this done and post back with the results we can work from there to determine what is causing this problem.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There were 2 codes. P0172 and P0410
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The code P0410 is the code to deal with, it indicates a problem with the A.I.R pump and its output. In order to determine the cause you are going to need to do some testing. I have enclosed the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/P0410%20Jan%209.pdf