rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

, i was driving my car today went a mile or two when

Customer Question

Customer: hi im Pat
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hello,i was driving my car today went a mile or two when the fuel seemed to cut off. I pulled off and the car turned of. i tried to restart and the battery worked well it wanted to turn over and did. i tried to rev the motor thinking there was a fuel problem. the car shut down again. I tried to restart a third time and the car again wants to turn over but couldn't start. that when the Immobilizer code came up. 2006 Volvo XC90 Is the car. after that the battery went into a mode to only use essential components, as it was getting low from trying to start the car over and over...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: im willing to wait.. if the car starts up i would be willing t pay… but if not i would'nt
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

You need to start with checking your fuel pressure and volume with a gauge, then check for a strong spark at the plugs.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The fuel pump is humming and working good from what I can tell.. I haven't checked for spark yet. I put the charged battery back in and the car started right back up ... 2 mins of idle and it died again.. And did the same thing.. Would turn over completely
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

The audible sound you hear doesn't mean it's pumping the right pressure. Please do my suggestions.

Thanks again, please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me later on.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I don't have the ability to check the fuel pressure at this time... I did pull a code that shows P0001 Fuel Rail Pressure Low.. From some of the reading I had been doing it seems as if that might be a sensor... I had the car plugged into an OBD2 and was able to drive the car without any issue at all for about 25 mins ... Car drove perfect. I removed the OBD2 and within minutes the car went back to the no throttle response and stall... Then the problems continued as they had when I originally broke down... Couldn't start back up... I hooked up a different OBD2 and wasn't able to get the car started back up ..
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

You still need to do what I suggested. Have a shop help you then, it still needs to be done.