Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

I change the tcm & reset it on my computer snap-on is still

Customer Question

Customer: i change the tcm & reset it on my computer snap-on is still pull po863 any info
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: it 2002 volvo s60 with po863 car runs good & also it has po705
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

The P0705 is for the gearshift position sensor. The P0863 is a communication fault between the ecm and tcm. This may be in the CAN network, or a faulty ecm. You really need a VIDA scan tool to diagnose this