Kevin
Kevin, Technician
Experience:  Diagnostic technician
84635724

We have a 2004 Volvo xc90 2.4d Diesel. 184000 km
, Yes,

Customer Question

Customer: We have a 2004 Volvo xc90 2.4d Diesel. 184000 km
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, Service booklet is in different language and for what I can see there has never been a service beyond 112000 km. I want to know if a tensioner belt should be changed at this point? (Timing belt)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Basically this Xc90 was purchased used in europe and service records had been kept up at a volvo dealer up to 112,000 km. I would like to know if any of those services would have replaced the tensioner belt (timing belt) We already replaced the transmission and don't want any surprises like a tension belt failure. Unfortunately the service manual is in german and my translations see oil and filter changes, front brakes but nothing indicating a major service like tension belt replacement. I usually do this at 100,000 miles in the states but have never had a diesel motor before and don't know what the major services are and at what kilometer duration. Thanks for any advice.
Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Hi I'm Kevin belt and tensioner due to be changed at 160,000km on this engine so is currently overdue if not already replaced

Expert:  Kevin replied 11 months ago.

Please remember to rate my service and let me know if you need anything else