Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Merging into traffic, lost power,check engine light

Customer Question

Merging into traffic, lost power,check engine light on,reduced power with a miss
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this here today.

Since the check engine light has come on the first thing that needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set.Once this has been done the codes can be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

What can cause the reduced power,check engine light and the misfire issue is a fault with a failing ignition coil or a fault with one or more of the fuel injectors that may not be atomizing properly.Once the fault codes are checked this will help determine if one of these are the cause here and then from there repaired to correct this issue.

Spark will need to be tests as well as fuel injectors to see if a fault can be pinpointed needing replaced.I suspect an ignition coil failure or fuel injector failure needing replaced.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete