Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

My name is ***** ***** I just completed diagnostic check and

Customer Question

Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** I just completed diagnostic check and received to codes on my 2000 V70 volvo p1118 p1670
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The car sometimes does not run after initial start up It dies after a few seconds
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Edward replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Eddie here and I will do all I can to help. Do you have the scanner now with you? If so, did you clear these codes out after reading them? or are they both still stored? The P1670 refers to a problem with the immobilizer system which shuts the vehicle down in the event of a theft. The first code refers to a mass air flow sensor fault. These two are totally separate from each other, but could cause similar symptoms of it shutting down immediately after initial start up. If you can erase those codes I would do so now. And see what comes back immediately after attempting to run it. Is it broke now or does it run fine now?