Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 1997 Volvo 850 that has a stalling issue that I

Customer Question

Customer: I have a 1997 Volvo 850 that has a stalling issue that I think my be related to the alarm system immobilizing the vehicle. How can I reset or disconnect the anti-theft system?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, this happened to my 85 year old mother when she was driving. She got into the vehicle after stopping at the grocery store and it stalled in heavy traffic. All the warning lights and horn was triggered and the car stalled. She never had a remote/fob and just uses the hard key to start and lock her car.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Well, I think we are going to have it towed on Monday, so I'll pass on your offer.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

When you say the warning lights. Is that the exterior lights flashing or the ones in the instrument cluster?

An OEM alarm should not be able to cause a running engine to stall, it should only prevent starting if it has an issue.

Normally a stalling issue a faulty idle air control valve.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris