Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

2003 XC90T6 LF axle full of trans fluid trans fluid is dark

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** 2003 XC90T6 LF axle full of trans fluid trans fluid is dark and nasty trans shifts ok car has 79k trans was done at 36 k
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: your previos posts said to replace axle and to flush trans 3x with filter is axle repairable?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: thank you for your time happy new year
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

It can have failed transmission again ,

Expert:  Enes replied 1 year ago.

Do you know the first time it was replaced was it by volvo dealer new trans or it got rebuilt by a trans shop?