Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

Coolant level is above max line but coolant light is on and

Customer Question

coolant level is above max line but coolant light is on and engine temp stays at normal when driving what's wrong?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

What year, make, model and engine?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1999 volvo v70
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1999 volvo v70 veh id no:YV1LW55A4X2605240
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

How can I possibly accept a phone call when I didn't at the time know what the vehicle even was?

.

Do you want to continue? I can't send diagrams over the phone.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
1999 VOLVO V70
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

.

That is most likely just the level sensor in the coolant tank. They don't offer any tests for it and normally replacing it will stop the light from coming on.

.

I can get the instructions with diagrams for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

Where did you go?