Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have an 07 volvo s80 v8 an my park brake light be blinking

Customer Question

Hello i have an 07 volvo s80 v8 an my park brake light be blinking on n off while driving and then the speed themoter being jumping up n down then alil while later the car cuts off
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing that needs done here is to have the fault codes read out/checked to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair the fault here.If you havent had this done this should be done first here.

The speedometer issue may be a fault with a vehicle speed sensor needing replaced and the park brake light can be a fault with the park brake positon sensor at fault needing replaced or an issue with low brake fluid due to a brake fluid leak or worn brake pads needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete