Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I've hooked up an aftermarket radio in my 2004 S40 1.9T

Customer Question

I've hooked up an aftermarket radio in my 2004 S40 1.9T Volvo. I' m only getting but only the front speakers are working. I have the RCA connectors for front and rear.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Does your car have the factory amp system?

Is this replacement radio compatible with the amp?

Did the speakers work with the original radio?

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it has the factory amp system. I purchased the Alpine 148BT through sonic electronics and it's supposed to be compatible with the car. I have the adapter for the car for the green and grey plug ins to convert to the radio. The antenna adapter and the adapter for the speakers which gives me the front and rear RCA plugs for the speakers and there is another group of wires with a ground wire, a pink wire and a couple wires that are capped/taped off. I'm not sure what to do with those wires. The speakers work with the original radio. The new radio is a single DIN.

Thanks for the update. Your adapters may be wrong or the radio is just not compatible with the amp since the speakers do work on the original radio. Do you need the wire diagram to check the signals from the radio to the amp and speakers?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can't you tell me whether it's compatable or not? Alpine CDE-HD148BT. What adapter do I need to make the amp and rear speakers work? I guess he's on the diagram even though I don't know anything about wiring.

All I can do is go to there website and overlook what they say which is surprising quite often WRONG. Volvo nor any other car maker lists out which aftermarket radios work in their vehicles. If you do not know about wiring then there is no use in a diagram. It would be best to contact Alpine to see if they have another unit to try so you can confirm its not a bad radio first off.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
This has been no help to me at all. I've found more information on line myself than what you've given me. I'm requesting a refund. Thank you anyway.

Glad you got it resolved.