Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  15+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Ițm ***** *****. my volvo s40 display the message ''steering

Customer Question

Customer: hi, ițm ***** *****. my volvo s40 display the message ''steering locked, turn wheel, try again'' but the wheel is not locked anymore, not even when i remove the key.... how can i fix it?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the engine doesn't start...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. So the steering wheel is not locked even with the key out, correct?