Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My name Toi My car volvo 2000 s 80 whwn I turn key off fan

Customer Question

Customer: My name Toi My car volvo 2000 s 80 whwn I turn key off fan stay on until battey run down can you tell me pleased
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Radiator fan wont turn off sir
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Volvo Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

This is usually due to a faulty fan control module located at the engine cooling fan(see attached). You can disconnect it to turn the fan off, but will need to reconnect it before you drive it again or the engine will over heat