Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I HAVE A VOLVO PENTA TURBO DIESEL MARINE ENGINE AND I HAVE

Customer Question

I HAVE A VOLVO PENTA TURBO DIESEL MARINE ENGINE AND I HAVE OIL COMING FROM DEEP STICK OIL LEVEL IS OK LOTS AIR BLOWING OUT FROM THE VALVE COVER VENT VALVE ADJUSTMENT OK ENGINE RUNS GOOD NO MISS GOOD POWER 3900 RPM PUT NEW OIL FILLER CAP CLEAN SCREEN INSIDE VALVE COVER NO BLOWBY FROM OIL CAP
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check the engine ventilation system (some models use a PCV valve) and see if the valve is stuck closed or if there is a collapsed hose for the venting system causing this here needing repaired or replaced.This can cause this type of fault here.If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
keep in mind this is a marine volvo penta turbo diesel engine,it don't have a PVC valve it has a screen inside the valve cover and that it is been checked and cleaned,oil filler cap is been replaced,valves they been adjusted,oil level is been checked,the model is KAD-43 COMPRESSOR
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

The only other thing I can think of here that can cause this is an issue with compression leaking past the valves or past the piston rings causing pressure in the crank case.This is usually the cause for a problem like this here when the venting is working properly.

Thanks Pete