Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

2006 xc 90 Nav system/CD Player/Radio failures expert

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just purchased this car and see that the Nav system, CD & radio don't work properly. I have NAV cd in properly, radio cuts out intermittently, and CD says CDs are unreadable, as does NAV CD. I've seen online that this is a common failure of the system. Is there a fix for this, and if so can I do this myself or how much to get it fixed. Or should I disable somehow and forget? Thanks, Joel
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

My experience with this system is that it will either need to be sent out for repair or replaced as there are no simple fixes due to this being internal circuit board failures, but if you can get me the last 8 digits of your vin, I will check for any related service bulletins