Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

On my S80 2009 T6 awd the collision avoidance warning light

Customer Question

On my S80 2009 T6 awd the collision avoidance warning light keeps coming back .
It says needs maintenance!
What is the recommended maintenance?
Also the lane change warning light comes on at same time.
Had my rear brakes done.
Any idea what's going on
Denis brault
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Most likely a collision avoidance sensor needs recalibrated or is damaged needing replaced causing both of these issue here as this is most common.What will have to be done is to have the fault codes checked using a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.From there those codes diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This has to be done with either a dealers scan tool/computer or a scan tool/computer plugged into your vehicle that is compatible with all computers in your vehicle.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete