Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Ouside temperatura sensor is erratic, AC is also erratic.

Customer Question

ouside temperatura sensor is erratic, AC is also erratic. Volvo XC 60 2011
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

On most models if the outside temp sensor is sending incorrect signals or temp this will affect how the AC operates.If the sensor is reading to cold this can cause the AC compressor to turn off and cause this issue here.If reading to hot it can cause the AC to blow to cold with some automatic heater and AC systems.

If the outside/ambient temp sensor was not replaced and the wiring was not checked to the outside temp sensor this needs done.If a fault is found with the wiring it will need repaired.If the wiring is found to be o.k. I suspect the temp sensor itself will need replaced as this is most common.Usually this sensor is located behind the grille or front bumper attached to the radiator brace or support.If you need help finding it let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete