Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

My name is and i working on a 2000 volvo s80 with 2.9. I

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** i working on a 2000 volvo s80 with 2.9 . I keep getting code for o2 sensor bank 1 upper or right . i changed the sonsor with a new one (bosch) still getting the code. i put my scanner to it, these are the readings. 02 sensor bank
1 upper v 268 02 sensor bank 1 lower v .50 02 sensor bank 2 upper v 1.00 02 sensor bank 2 lower v .60 i checked all the 6 wires going from the plug to the computer to make sure there are no cuts in the wires, didnt find anything, please help on what it can
be, thank.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

George, can you give me the actual fault code and or codes you are getting and post back with them and I will try and help you determine the cause.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hi Ron , i didnt make a note of the code, i cleared the code, the code was for o2 sensor bank 1 sensor 1.as i said the reading with my scanner that bank reads 260 v.
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Is it possible you can scan it again and get me the actual code? Having it will make this much easier to provide an accurate response.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok Ron , i have been driving the car there are no codes for now, but the reading is way too high on that bank, i guess i have to keep driving the car.
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Okay post back if the light come back on with the fault code and we can work from there. If there is still a problem the light and the code should return.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hey ron, on the volvo the light came on today, i checked it with my scanner , the code was 280a =p1132 and it stands for front heated o2 sensor bank 1, if the voltage reading on that bank is 260v , could it be that one of the wires is grounded somewhere ?
please let me know. thanks
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

This code can be set due to any of the following,

• Leaking Exhaust System
  • Front Oxygen Sensor
  • Rear Oxygen (O2) Sensor
  • Leaking Vacuum — Intake/vacuum leaks.

To check it, run the steps in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/HO2S%20Dec%2010.pdf