Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I just got a 1998 s90 and the radio says off i dont have a

Customer Question

i just got a 1998 s90 and the radio says off i dont have a code
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
need a code the vin# ***** *****
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hello Stan,

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to help you with your question today. The radio code for the radio that was originally installed in that car is 5642. Because it says "OFF", the radio is currently locked. To unlock it, you need to leave the car with the key in position one and the radio on (it says "OFF", but it is receiving power) for about 2.5 hours. After that, it will display "CODE" and you can enter the code.

If the code works, please select a rating for my service so that I can be credited for helping you. If the code does not work, let me know and I will forward this to another expert. It means the radio is not the original one for the car.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Just following up to see if the code worked. Let me know.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

I see you have checked back but not replied indicating a need for further service. Please select a rating for my service, as that is the only way I am compensated for my time for helping here. Rating does not change the amount charged. If you need further assistance, simply reply and let me know. Thank you.