Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

I have a 2001 Volvo V70 turbo that was running perfectly.

Customer Question

Hello. I have a 2001 Volvo V70 turbo that was running perfectly. However, AC was lukewarm and needed servicing. I took it in to a Volvo dealer and they put more Freon in. Also had oil change and a thorough 12 point check. Next day I had a 80 mile trip and at about 50-60 miles it overheated/ redlined. Coolant reservoir full. No radiator cap access. After 160 k miles has never done this. Is this a coincidence? (blame the service?) Things to look at? Thanks
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealership technician. I am going to try to help with your question today. Just recharging the A/C and changing the oil would not do anything to cause this.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

At 160,000 miles, it could be something as simple as a stuck thermostat. Was the engine cooling fan operating?

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions?