Andy, Volvo Expert Technician
Experience:  One of only a handful of ACTUAL Volvo dealership technicians on JA, ASE Master Certified with L1
3932822

Ya, the heater on my Volvo XC60 seems to be under

Customer Question

Hiya, the heater on my Volvo XC60 seems to be under performing. There is some heat out of the windscreen and dashboard vents but leg well vents are freezing. Does matter what I do. Any thoughts? Many thanks. Ian.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

My name is ***** ***** I am a Volvo dealer technician. The only things you can check yourself are the coolant level and the dilution of the coolant. Make sure the coolant is full and if so, you can buy an inexpensive tester at most auto parts stores to measure it's dilution. A proper mix is 50% coolant and 50% water. Over time, it wears down and does not transfer heat as well.

If those checks show no problems, a dealer scanner will be needed to check for fault codes in the climate control system to see if there are any faults with the damper motors that direct airflow.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Did you have any other questions about this? I see you have viewed the information but not yet selected a rating for my service. Let me know if I can help. Thanks!

Expert:  Andy replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ian,

I see you have again checked back but not indicated a need for further assistance or selected a rating. If you are all set, please select a rating for my service so that I may be credited for helping. Rating does not change the amount charged. It simply allows a portion of the charge to be shared with me as opposed to the website keeping the total. Thank you.