CHEVYEATER351
CHEVYEATER351, Volvo Master
Experience:  Maintained a Volvo Master rating for 10 years. Expertise 1998-2008
76711631

I have a 2000 volvo s80 t6. the dstc alert light is showing

Customer Question

i have a 2000 volvo s80 t6. the dstc alert light is showing on the information screen. my repair facility tells me that i must replace the entire module, is this true?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will answer your question about this. Yes if they have determined based off the faults that it is the DSTC Module the correct repair then you must replace the Module. There are certain faults that are common with the Module being internally bad. I would also suggest to look on Module Masters for a rebuild. These factory modules have had problems since the first years of production. Module Masters have a better warranty than the factory unit if I remember correctly it is 5 years where the factory is only one or two years. The dealer may have to program it to the vehicle also, but I think the warranty and reduced cost will be worth it for you.

Please leave me positive feedback so I will be compensated for answering your question. Thanks for your question and using Just Answers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How does the functionality of Dstc affect the safety of the vehicle?

The DSTC is the traction control for the vehicle. It uses wheel speed, yaw sensor and other components to help keep control of the vehicle during vehicle maneuvering. Can the vehicle operate with an issue, yes but it is not recommended due to the fact this module can help to prevent the vehicle sliding and causing an accident making it a safety related problem. I just looked on Module Masters and their rebuilt one is 100.00. I would be safe and replace it if I had this issue. It is unpredictable when weather or a reckless driver may be around you!

Did you have anymore questions about this concern? If you do not please leave me positive feedback, thank you.