Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Check engine light came on driving home tonight

Customer Question

Category: Volvo
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Welcome, I am Chris (aka-Moose)

The check engine light coming on solid means the computer has discovered an issue that can effect the emissions. There are bout 700 possible codes which could be stored. I can help you diagnose and fix this 2 ways. You can get it scanned like at a shop or parts store and get back to me with the codes or you can give me any noticed symptoms before during and after the light coming on and I can try to diagnose it that way.

----------Once you get an answer----------

1) Please realize I base my info requests and answers on what you type. The more you can tell me the faster and better I can help.

2) You have already been charged the full question value. Rating, good, bad, or not at all has no bearing on what you've paid.

3) I am not an employee for Just Answer, I am paid by the customer from your deposit, but only when you rate my answer.

5) You will notice it says rate to finish, rating does not close the post, or end our conversation. If you can not rate me, please let me know why.

6) I am going to stay in contact with you until you respond and tell me your happy or pleased with the answer. So please reply and let me know the progress on the issue and our discussion or if more help is needed.

Thanks Chris

As mentioned in my first response, I would stay in contact with you. I've noticed you have not rated the post. So I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.