Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a fuel leak on the top of my engine. Its a v50 2.0D,

Customer Question

Hi. I have a fuel leak on the top of my engine. Its a v50 2.0D, 2007. It seemed that it comes from a leak off pipes' connectors however we replaced the o ring on it, it's put back on tight but after around a 100 miles the engine's top is full of diesel again.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Looking at the picture here first check the fuel line attached at the fuel injector that is leaking and make sure it isnt cracked in any way causing this issue here.If the fuel line is cracked it will need to be replaced to correct this issue.If the fuel line is o.k. I suspect the fuel injector itself is cracked or leaking from an internal seal and the fuel injector that the fuel line is attached to will need replaced.I have seen the fuel injectors leak most common for this issue here with the injector needing replaced to correct the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete