Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Sometimes when my wife drives out 2003 Volvo XC70 the

Customer Question

Sometimes when my wife drives out 2003 Volvo XC70 the instruments stop working, she can move the seats and when she turns the car off the fan keeps running, she cant lock the door nor move the power seats. This has never happened to me while driving the car
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I would inspect for any loose or corroded power feed wiring leading into any of the fuse panels.In some cases a damaged or cut wire can cause this here as well as a corroded power feed to the fuse panels.If any issues are found they will need resolved.I have seen issues in some cases with components like the electronic ignition switch cause issues in the past with electronics.If no cable issues are found I would have it checked/tested to see if it needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete