Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

The check engine light comes on frequently on my son's 1995

Customer Question

The check engine light comes on frequently on my son's 1995 940. Car sometimes idles rough, occasionally stalls in wet/damp weather. Runs great generally otherwise and is fully serviced. Very reliable car overall. If I pull out fuse #1 and put back in the light goes out for a day or two, but then reliably comes back on. Ideas?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Your check engine light come on when the computer system sees a system fault and when this happens the computer will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to be able to help you determine the fault we are going to need the fault code and or codes which means you are going to need to have the system scanned and the codes retrieved. If you get this done and post back with the results we can work from there.