internal88
internal88, Mechanic
Experience:  I've been working on Import and European vehicles for 15 years. Diagnostic is my specialty.
63512786

I have a 2001 Volvo s80 2.9L non turbo. At times it runs

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Volvo s80 2.9L non turbo. At times it runs fine and other times it has a way rough idle at a stoplight. Changed plugs and oil and symptoms still there? Looking for some help on what I should buy?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im Brandon. Is the check engine light on?

Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

You should put a bottle of Techron fuel injection cleaner in the fuel tank. It will help clean the injector and it will help the rough idle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've already put Lucas fuel injection cleaner in it. The check engine light comes on and off code reads main catalyst below threshold bank 1. Also says engine system service urgent
Expert:  internal88 replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive a p0420 code? If yes that means the catalytic converter is bad and that will affect the engine performance. Please let me know the code?