Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

Can the n14 j1939 CAN system be activated so that it can

Customer Question

can the n14 j1939 CAN system be activated so that it can comunicate with a2005 vehicle using can like the vn volvo truck,
how all this started i have beed rewiring trucks for my customers to accomodate an engine that did not came with vehicle, well this been going good until i got a volvo truck that have a ISX removed and a n14 installed, got dum struct when all the throttle wires, cruze,brake switches etc does not have direct wires to the isx
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You may have to install one or more control units to make this work here that match the engine.In some cases this may not work if all computer communicate with each other as the other computers will be incompatible.I have seen this before where it cannot be done as all computers will not be able to communicate with each other properly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.