Enes
Enes, VOLVO Master Technician
Experience:  18+YEARS WITH VOLVO AS THE MASTER VOLVO MECHANIC&Ase
20168386

Recently my 1998 volvo s70 glt, with 107k miles, stalled

Customer Question

Recently my 1998 volvo s70 glt, with 107k miles, stalled while waiting at a traffic signal, and the check engine light came on. My mechanic changed the distributor cap, rotor, spark plug wires & plugs, air filter & Baro sensor. A few days later the car started idling rough, the mechanic replaced the distributor cap, then about a week later the car stalled again while driving. What do you think the problem could be?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  CHEVYEATER351 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this. By your explanation it looks like the shop or person you took it to is doing routine maintenance to the vehicle to try and correct you issue. If you could possibly get the trouble codes from the mechanic it would greatly help me advise you on what you should be looking at. I am going to guess and this is only that with limited information that the Fuel Tank Purge valve may be stuck open. This will cause excessive fuel vapors from the tank to enter the intake and cause the vehicle to stall. Please try and get the faults and I will further assist you with more exact deatils to your problem, but the Tank Purge Valve is located on the fan shroud and on your vehicle will most likely be square with two hoses and a connector going to it, also it is on the fan shroud on the drivers side of the vehicle.