Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years as a Automotive tech
7276279

I bought an D conversion kit 2004 XC70. My mechanic, also my

Customer Question

I bought an HID conversion kit for my 2004 XC70. My mechanic, also my grandson, has done many kits, only he can't figure out where to connect the positive and ground wires on my car. Can you help- a diagram or...
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

I have enclosed the factory headlamp circuit wiring diagram in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it. Hopefully this will help him with the connection issues he is having.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Headlamp%20circuit%20Nov%203.pdf

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think that may be the diagram that my mechanic/grandson had. But the question is where would he connect the positive and the ground for the HID lights?
Thanks.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

There should have been a set of instructions that cam with the replacement HID kit that should include the steps for install and which wires to connect to, with out seeing the instructions I have no idea which ones to connect them to. Have him review the install steps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No instructions came with the kit. It's a Spark HID kit from Chicago. I downloaded some general instructions from the Internet but they don't show the positive and ground connections.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One set of instructions I saw in the Internet shows the positive and ground connections being made directly to the battery. However with our car the battery is way back in the rear so that doesn't help. We need to know where to connect in the engine compartment.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

I will open the question back up for you in hopes some one has something new to add. If the can help, they will respond.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your efforts Ron. I will wait to hear from someone else now.
For what it's worth, the master tech at our local garage can't figure it out either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been over 24 hours...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please get on this. Otherwise I will request a refund.