Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, shop owner, 30+ years all makes and models
2947720

I would like to know if a 98 Volvo s70 turbo with automatic

Customer Question

I would like to know if a 98 Volvo s70 turbo with automatic Trans. Has an actual valve for pcv.
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Not an actual PCV valve.

.

CRANKCASE VENTILATION

Crankcase gases are removed from the cylinder block (and cylinder head to an extent) to an oil trap (1) where oil is separated from the crankcase gases and returned to the oil sump. The hose to the cylinder head equalizes differences in pressure between the upper and lower parts of the engine.

When the Turbocharger cuts in, crankcase gases flow through the crankcase hose (5) through heating nipple (6) to the fresh air intake.

When there is little load on the engine or when it is idling there is no under-pressure in the fresh air hose upstream of the Turbocharger and only a small quantity of crankcase gases are formed. Because of this a vacuum hose (7), to lead crankcase gases directly to the intake manifold at low loads, goes from the heating nipple to a calibrated intake downstream of the throttle.

….

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you have a subscription or are using the free trial, a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****

.

Thanks

.