Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I have a 2005 Volvo V70. I repolaced the alarm/siren module

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Volvo V70. I repolaced the alarm/siren module with a used part from Erie, and all the lights flash, etc. when I attempt the alarm trip by opening the door after pulling up the lock. The alrm service warning is still cominng on, so what is the problem?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Make sure the correct part number alarm module was installed.If the incorrect part number was installed or if it came out of a different year or model vehicle this may be causing this issue here.If this is o.k. on some models the alarm module or other modules in the vehicle may need programmed by a dealer or authorized repair center once it was replaced in order for it to operate properly.If this has all already been checked into and found to be o.k. let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.