jazzmaster
jazzmaster, ASE Certified Tech
Experience:  ase certified--32 yrs experience
8668911

2003 Volvo xc 70. I am mad. story short, My Son spray the

Customer Question

2003 Volvo xc 70 . I am mad. Long story short, My Son spray the MAF sensor cleaner in the intake and now the car has an engine light, running rough ,missing , you name it is a total disaster. Car was performing well and now feels wrong totally wrong . Tomorrow I will look for codes in the auto part with the scanner. Just looking for some experience opinion because he think he understand cars but is really hurting things.Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Al
Category: Volvo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

hi, I would make sure that the connector to the maf is connected right ,look for bent terminals .

also, check to make sure there are no vacuum leaks/hoses that are not attached .

just by spraying should not have disturbed anything ,but the small resisters in the maf sensor may have broken ,in that case a new maf sensor will be needed ..jazzmaster ..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** look into and report back
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

yes, if there is even a small leak this will bring up an engine code ,and it will still run even if the resister is broken but it will run bad .

sometimes these can be disconnected(that is the electrical connector ) and see if it runs better ,most times that is the maf sensor being bad or dirty ..thank you ..jazzmaster ..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok , I check with the scanner and the only code was p2177 says the bank is running lean.now I am going to retract thr Maf properly and clean .as far as I know there is no code since he erased the engine light but I suspect that the code is coming back because the performance is not there....need to check for leeks ,the funny thing is that nothing was disturb but things happens i will check and report back...Ahhh maybe the o2 sensor is gone,about the scanner I read somewhere theta some scanner do not communicate well with this system(VADIS DICE) that also get my curiosity
Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

yeah, if it is running lean ,that may well be a vacuum leak ..let me know ,thank you...jazz...

Expert:  jazzmaster replied 1 year ago.

if you still need help -please let me know.If I helped you please rate me positive and if need be can continue on ,,thank you ...jazzmaster ..