Pete, Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various automobiles at a dealer and independently.
14928985

I replaced fuel pump on 2005 s40 volvo now it wont start. it

Customer Question

i replaced fuel pump on 2005 s40 volvo now it wont start. it acts like it wants to but wont
Category: Volvo
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help with this today.I need a little more info to assist better.

Was this no start issue a problem before the pump was replaced or only occurred after the pump was replaced?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was hard to start had check ran it showed both parts was bad
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Was it just as hard as it is now or when you replaced these did it make it worse or better at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It tries to start and it won't I can smell fuel just won't start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

If you hold your foot to the floor on the gas pedal then crank over the engine does it start and run then at all?If it does release your foot right away.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it tries but fails to start
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you remove a couple spark plugs and see if they are soaked with fuel.In some cases the engine will flood out after a repair or before and after like this here and the spark plugs need removed and cleaned and dried or removed and replaced.This will cause this try to start issue here.Let me know if you find anything here.

Thanks Pete