cloe0626
cloe0626, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  worked at a volvo dealer ship for two years
74954164

1993 240 Volvo sedan! The switch that turns on the air

Customer Question

1993 240 Volvo sedan! The switch that turns on the air conditioning gets very hot after about five minutes of the air being on! How to fix it and what is causing it?
Category: Volvo
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

The blower motor bushings wear out in time, causing the motor to pull more current than the switch can handle. so their for the switch is getting to hot you can replace the blower motor witch is what i would recommend are you can put a relay between the switch and blower motor

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It gets hot even when the blower motor is not on! There is a separate switch for the blower motor and when the blower motor is on by itself it does not get hot so I think you are wrong! Since you have not answered my question correctly I should not have to pay!
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 1 year ago.

you stated that it only got hot when the air was on

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it only gets hot when the air is on! It does not get hot when just the blower is on!